BOTOX – Treats lines and wrinkles from muscle motion by diminishing the muscles ability to contract temporarily. (2-6months). Common approved and off label applications include:
- Glabella– Scowl lines, “11’s”, vertical lines between brows, treatment gives some arc and lift to brows
- Frontalis – Horizontal lines across forehead
- Spa Brow – Treatment at lateral edge of brow gives lift to the brow
- Crow’s Feet – Creases from squinting can be diminished
- Depressor Angularis Oris– Treatment prevents the muscles from pulling down mouth at corners, prevents or diminishes jowls
- Mentalis -Bumpiness or lines of chin can be smoothed out
- Mid Pupil Points – Small dose just under each eye reduces puffiness and lines
- Lip Enhancement – Reduce or prevent smoker’s lines and turn lips out subtly for a fuller appearance
- Neck Rings – Horizontal lines across neck are softened
- Platysmal Bands – Thick horizontal cords down neck are softened/released
- Hyperhidrosis – Excessive sweating of palms or armpits is controlled
- Gummy Smile – Single injection on each side of nose will lower upper lip structure so that your broad smile will showcase your teeth rather than gums
Pre and Post Care Instructions for Botox
JUVEDERM-Hyaluronic acid gel filler used to plump lines and creases or replace areas of volume loss. Juvederm Ultra Plus XC lasts up to 1½yrs and contains anesthetic. Approved and common off label Applications:
- Nasolabial Folds -Creases from sides of nose to sides of mouth
- Marionette Lines -Creases from sides of mouth down towards jaw line
- Cheeks – Volume loss or sagging is replenished to give some lift to the midface
- Lips – Body of lips can be subtly plumped and or border of lips treated for definition
- Scars – Depressed scars can be treated to lessen the texture difference/shadow
- Nasal Contouring – as we age, the shaping plates of cartilage in the nose may start to look too pronounced or be asymmetric.
- You may not need surgery; you may just need Juvederm.
Pre and Post Care Instructions for Juvederm
I also offer Volbella, added to the Juvederm family of fillers from Allergan spring 2017.
BELOTERO® – HA filler for superficial etched creases such as radiating lip lines, smile lines around the chin and mouth or forehead. See Pre and Post Care Instructions as above for Juvederm and Botox.
Eclipse PRP– Platelet Rich Plasma is formulated from each patient’s own platelets and plasma. A small amount of blood is drawn at the visit. The blood is spun down to separate out the needed components. A specialized process prepares the non-synthetic mixture for injection which rejuvenates, brightens, moisturizes and stimulates new collagen for stronger more youthful skin.
- Under Eye Circles – Sunken or dark bags under eyes can be improved. Never have clumps or blue discoloration (Tyndall effect), always natural, plus long term benefits of supple strength to help avoid crepe like folds and lines.
- Depressed Temples – Naturally soften odd contours or thin appearing skin of the temple area
- Cheeks, Nasolabial Folds and/or Marionette Lines – Fill and freshen flattened cheeks and folds with all natural, long lasting volume and the greatest collagen builder available.
- Hand Rejuvenation – Fill in depressed areas and lessen appearance of tendons and veins while bringing more collagen to renew lax skin of the hands. Don’t let your age be revealed in this often neglected area, revive and thrive with Selphyl!
- Neck rings or folds – Soften appearance of lines and folds with the strengthening power of your own cells making collagen!
- Dull, Aged or Scarred Complexion – brightens, strengthens, smoothes skin for a more youthful glow and texture. Can add volume in addition to collagen.
Pre and Post Care Instructions for PRP
MESOPEN MICRO NEEDLING – Tiny tracts are created in the skin at appropriate depths and pressures while the device is scanned over the skin. Cells for healing and repair stimulate tightening, toning and textural improvements in the area treated. This is tolerated without significant discomfort with aid of a topical anesthetic and the Zimmer chiller. At the conclusion a cooling mask may be used for soothing and comfort. 1-2 days of redness and swelling may be noted. Micro needling does not cause the heat induced discomfort and redness that can accompany laser treatments and only mild discomfort is expected.
During treatment, additional topical agents may be employed based on the patients needs and treatment goals. Combined with agents like Selphyl, the micro tracts allow deep penetration of the growth factors that will additionally stimulate new collagen and build stronger, brighter and smoother skin. Issues addressed can include general rejuvenation and skin brightening, textural improvement of acne or other scars and wrinkles, lightening melasma or pigment, reducing appearance of stretch marks, reducing appearance of cellulite, encouraging regrowth of hair and reducing hair loss. Please discuss specific treatment goals with Dr. Whitehead so that your treatment can be optimally planned.
Each patient is treated with their own, new micro needling cartridge with each treatment. A series of 2-4 is recommended for most complexion issues done at intervals of 3-8 weeks.
Pre and Post Care Instructions for Mesopen
Call 402-915-2756 for more information or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Whitehead